3D GIS for Urban Planning and Design with CityEngine and ArcGIS Pro
View All Details
This hands-on workshop will guide you through the basics of setting up a CityEngine project, modelling out streets and buildings, and publishing your content online. We will also explore ways to use CityEngine rule packages within ArcGIS Pro, and we will look at an example of an urban design project built on a variety of Esri’s platforms.
The session will cover:
- Introduction to CityEngine interface and application
- Importing spatial and non-spatial data
- Visualizing urban forms through off-the-shelf rules
- Utilizing CityEngine rule packages within ArcGIS Pro
- Performing real-time shadow and view analyses
- Showcasing an project that demonstrates the capabilities of a GIS-based urban design and planning project.